There are multiple ways to start chatting in Microsoft Teams.
To start a conversation with the whole team:
- Click the Teams button , then pick a team and channel.
2. In the box "Start a new conversation. Type @ to mention someone.", you can type a message to the channel and click the Send button or press return on your keyboard.
To start a conversation with a specific person or a group:
- At the top of the Microsoft Teams app, click the New chat button .
2. In the To field, type the name of the person or people you want to chat with. (Note: Names will only show up if the person or people you are trying to chat with have an email address ending in @caiu.org)
3. In the box "Type a new message", you can type a message to the person or group and click the Send button or press return on your keyboard.
Replying to conversations:
Channel conversations are organized by date and then threaded. The replies in threads are organized under the initial post so it's easier to follow multiple conversations.
- Find the conversation thread you want to reply to.
- Click Reply, add your message, then click the Send button , or press return on your keyboard.