The control panel consists of a touch screen and buttons you press to control the functions available
on the printer. The control panel:
• Displays the current operating status of the printer.
• Provides access to print, copy, and scan features.
• Provides access to reference materials.
• Provides access to Tools and Setup menus.
• Prompts you to load paper, replace supplies, and clear jams.
• Displays errors and warnings.
• Provides the Power/Wake button used for powering on or off the printer. This button also supports
the power-saver modes, and blinks to indicate the power status of the printer.
Displayed above is the control panel for the Xerox Copier.
|1.||NFC Area||Near Field Communication (NFC), is a technology that enables
devices to communicate when they are within 10 cm (4 in.) of
each other. Use the NFC area to obtain a network interface or to
establish a TCP/IP connection between your device and the
|2.||Touch Screen Display||The screen displays information and provides access to printer
|3.||Home Button||This button provides access to the Home menu for access to
printer features, such as copy, scan, and fax.
|4.||Power/Wake||This button serves several power-related functions.
• When the printer is powered off, this button powers on the
• When the printer is powered on, pressing this button displays a
menu on the control panel. From this menu, you can choose to
enter Sleep mode, restart, or power off the printer.
• When the printer is powered on, but in Sleep mode, pressing
this button wakes the printer.
• When the printer is powered on, holding this button for 10
seconds turns off the printer.
This button blinks to indicate the power status of the printer.
• When the light blinks slowly, the printer is in Sleep mode.
• When the light blinks rapidly, the printer is powering down.
This light blinks blue or amber to indicate printer status.
• Blinks blue once slowly for a copy or print job initiated at the
|6.||Notification Area||Notifications are displayed above the Apps area. To view the full
notification, touch the notification area. After you have reviewed
the information, touch X.
|7.||Interrupt Button||This button pauses the current job to run a more urgent job.|
|8.||Pause Button||Use this button to pause the current job. The job pauses with the
option to resume printing or delete the job.
|9.||Language Button||The Language button allows you to set the language that appears
temporarily on the control panel display.
|10.||Reset||Use the Reset button to reset all the apps to their