Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is an authentication method that requires the user to provide two or more verification factors to gain access to a resource such as an application, online account, or a VPN.
The main benefit of MFA is it will enhance your security by requiring you to identify yourself by more than a username and password. While important, usernames and passwords are vulnerable and can be stolen by third parties.
You will NOT be asked for MFA on any corporate owned devices such as your CAIU laptop or registered iPads.
These instructions will show you how to setup Multi-factor Authentication for your CAIU account. Multi-factor Authentication is required for all CAIU Staff.
1. Open up Google Chrome on your laptop and press CTRL + SHIFT + N on your keyboard. This will open a new Incognito window.
2. Enter the following URL in your address bar (right-click & copy this address from the document): https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and hit ENTER
3. Enter your CAIU e-mail address & click NEXT. Enter your CAIU password and click SIGN IN.
You will receive the following prompt. Click NEXT.
4. In the Additional Security Verification page, enter your country code, cell phone number, and check Send me a code by text message. Click NEXT. A code will be sent to your phone via text message.
5. Enter the code on the next screen and click VERIFY.
6. Your Multi-factor Authentication setup is now complete. When you login from a new device you will be sent a text message with a code to verify your login information.